Chapter
9:1
约伯回答说:
Then Job replied:
9:2
我真知道是这样; 但人在 神面前怎能成为义呢?
Indeed, I know that this is true. But how can a mortal be righteous before God?
9:3
若愿意与他争辩, 千中之一也不能回答。
Though one wished to dispute with him, he could not answer him one time out of a thousand.
9:4
他心里有智慧,且大有能力。 谁向 神刚硬而得亨通呢?
His wisdom is profound, his power is vast. Who has resisted him and come out unscathed?
9:5
他发怒,把山翻倒挪移, 山并不知觉。
He moves mountains without their knowing it and overturns them in his anger.
9:6
他使地震动,离其本位, 地的柱子就摇撼。
He shakes the earth from its place and makes its pillars tremble.
9:7
他吩咐日头不出来,就不出来, 又封闭众星。
He speaks to the sun and it does not shine; he seals off the light of the stars.
9:8
他独自铺张苍天, 步行在海浪之上。
He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea.
9:9
他造北斗、参星、昴星, 并南方的密宫;
He is the Maker of the Bear and Orion, the Pleiades and the constellations of the south.
9:10
他行大事,不可测度, 行奇事,不可胜数。
He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed, miracles that cannot be counted.
9:11
他从我旁边经过,我却不看见; 他在我面前行走,我倒不知觉。
When he passes me, I cannot see him; when he goes by, I cannot perceive him.
9:12
他夺取,谁能阻挡? 谁敢问他:你做什么?
If he snatches away, who can stop him? Who can say to him, 'What are you doing?'
9:13
神必不收回他的怒气; 扶助拉哈伯的,屈身在他以下。
God does not restrain his anger; even the cohorts of Rahab cowered at his feet.
9:14
既是这样,我怎敢回答他, 怎敢选择言语与他辩论呢?
How then can I dispute with him? How can I find words to argue with him?
9:15
我虽有义,也不回答他, 只要向那审判我的恳求。
Though I were innocent, I could not answer him; I could only plead with my Judge for mercy.
9:16
我若呼吁,他应允我; 我仍不信他真听我的声音。
Even if I summoned him and he responded, I do not believe he would give me a hearing.
9:17
他用暴风折断我, 无故地加增我的损伤。
He would crush me with a storm and multiply my wounds for no reason.
9:18
我就是喘一口气,他都不容, 倒使我满心苦恼。
He would not let me regain my breath but would overwhelm me with misery.
9:19
若论力量,他真有能力! 若论审判,他说谁能将我传来呢?
If it is a matter of strength, he is mighty! And if it is a matter of justice, who will summon him?
9:20
我虽有义,自己的口要定我为有罪; 我虽完全,我口必显我为弯曲。
Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me; if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty.
9:21
我本完全,不顾自己; 我厌恶我的性命。
Although I am blameless, I have no concern for myself; I despise my own life.
9:22
善恶无分,都是一样; 所以我说,完全人和恶人,他都灭绝。
It is all the same; that is why I say, 'He destroys both the blameless and the wicked.'
9:23
若忽然遭杀害之祸, 他必戏笑无辜的人遇难。
When a scourge brings sudden death, he mocks the despair of the innocent.
9:24
世界交在恶人手中; 蒙蔽世界审判官的脸, 若不是他,是谁呢?
When a land falls into the hands of the wicked, he blindfolds its judges. If it is not he, then who is it?
9:25
我的日子比跑信的更快, 急速过去,不见福乐。
My days are swifter than a runner; they fly away without a glimpse of joy.
9:26
我的日子过去如快船, 如急落抓食的鹰。
They skim past like boats of papyrus, like eagles swooping down on their prey.
9:27
我若说:我要忘记我的哀情, 除去我的愁容,心中畅快;
If I say, 'I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression, and smile,'
9:28
我因愁苦而惧怕, 知道你必不以我为无辜。
I still dread all my sufferings, for I know you will not hold me innocent.
9:29
我必被你定为有罪, 我何必徒然劳苦呢?
Since I am already found guilty, why should I struggle in vain?
9:30
我若用雪水洗身, 用硷洁净我的手,
Even if I washed myself with soap and my hands with washing soda,
9:31
你还要扔我在坑里, 我的衣服都憎恶我。
you would plunge me into a slime pit so that even my clothes would detest me.
9:32
他本不像我是人,使我可以回答他, 又使我们可以同听审判。
He is not a man like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court.
9:33
我们中间没有听讼的人 可以向我们两造按手。
If only there were someone to arbitrate between us, to lay his hand upon us both,
9:34
愿他把杖离开我, 不使惊惶威吓我。
someone to remove God's rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more.
9:35
我就说话,也不惧怕他, 现在我却不是那样。
Then I would speak up without fear of him, but as it now stands with me, I cannot.
Chapter