約伯記 Job


Chapter Verses < 前一章 目录 下一章 >
29:1
约伯又接着说,
Job continued his discourse:
29:2
惟愿我的景况如从前的月份,如神保守我的日子。
How I long for the months gone by, for the days when God watched over me,
29:3
那时他的灯照在我头上。我借他的光行过黑暗。
when his lamp shone upon my head and by his light I walked through darkness!
29:4
我愿如壮年的时候,那时我在帐棚中。神待我有密友之情。
Oh, for the days when I was in my prime, when God's intimate friendship blessed my house,
29:5
全能者仍与我同在。我的儿女都环绕我。
when the Almighty was still with me and my children were around me,
29:6
奶多可洗我的脚。磐石为我出油成河。
when my path was drenched with cream and the rock poured out for me streams of olive oil.
29:7
我出到城门,在街上设立座位。
When I went to the gate of the city and took my seat in the public square,
29:8
少年人见我而回避,老年人也起身站立。
the young men saw me and stepped aside and the old men rose to their feet;
29:9
王子都停止说话,用手捂口。
the chief men refrained from speaking and covered their mouths with their hands;
29:10
首领静默无声,舌头贴住上膛。
the voices of the nobles were hushed, and their tongues stuck to the roof of their mouths.
29:11
耳朵听我的,就称我有福。眼睛看我的,便称赞我。
Whoever heard me spoke well of me, and those who saw me commended me,
29:12
因我拯救哀求的困苦人,和无人帮助的孤儿。
because I rescued the poor who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to assist him.
29:13
将要灭亡的为我祝福。我也使寡妇心中欢乐。
The man who was dying blessed me; I made the widow's heart sing.
29:14
我以公义为衣服,以公平为外袍和冠冕。
I put on righteousness as my clothing; justice was my robe and my turban.
29:15
我为瞎子的眼,瘸子的脚。
I was eyes to the blind and feet to the lame.
29:16
我为穷乏人的父,素不认识的人,我查明他的案件。
I was a father to the needy; I took up the case of the stranger.
29:17
我打破不义之人的牙床,从他牙齿中夺了所抢的。
I broke the fangs of the wicked and snatched the victims from their teeth.
29:18
我便说,我必死在家中(原文作窝中),必增添我的日子,多如尘沙。
I thought, 'I will die in my own house, my days as numerous as the grains of sand.
29:19
我的根长到水边,露水终夜沾在我的枝上。
My roots will reach to the water, and the dew will lie all night on my branches.
29:20
我的荣耀在身上增新,我的弓在手中日强。
My glory will remain fresh in me, the bow ever new in my hand.'
29:21
人听见我而仰望,静默等候我的指教。
Men listened to me expectantly, waiting in silence for my counsel.
29:22
我说话之后,他们就不再说。我的言语像雨露滴在他们身上。
After I had spoken, they spoke no more; my words fell gently on their ears.
29:23
他们仰望我如仰望雨,又张开口如切慕春雨。
They waited for me as for showers and drank in my words as the spring rain.
29:24
他们不敢自信,我就向他们含笑。他们不使我脸上的光改变。
When I smiled at them, they scarcely believed it; the light of my face was precious to them.
29:25
我为他们选择道路,又坐首位。我如君王在军队中居住,又如吊丧的安慰伤心的人。
I chose the way for them and sat as their chief; I dwelt as a king among his troops; I was like one who comforts mourners.